Sunday, December 04, 2005

What a great party...

There wasn't much dancing and no loud music, but last night's party was loaded with personality. Nashville has some really interesting people if you know where to find them.

There is nothing better than house parties. The whole club and bar scenes have passed me by with a fury. It's always too loud and people are way to0 pre-occupied in the midst of sensory overload. Plus, I'm getting older... time and good conversation are at a premium.

Last night's attendees were: an opera singer, a fashion photographer, design instructors from MTSU and Belmont, a couple singer-songwriters, a music critic, an engineer, an architect, a singer for a swing band, and a ballet dancer. And several were hot women. There were more people there, but it's not easy to remember things when you're pounding Sam Adams.

Speaking of which, I am turning into a lightweight. I rarely drink these days and about four beers had me giggling like a little girl. I made quite an impression.

As you can imagine the conversations were pretty interesting and when I recall them, I will be sure to write them down for you.

It's another triple-gray-blanket day. Hard to motivate when it's so gloomy, but I'm heading to the gym to see if I can change the view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home