Friday, December 02, 2005

Life at work

My boss is a visionary. I wish more people could grasp his concepts, but I guess that is the price of genious.

Our company is on the cusp of revolutionizing the industry and harnessing the energy for how people get their information. It is a daunting task, but I wouldn't want anyone other than my boss at the helm.

I see a lot of bouncers in bars wearing shirts that say, "XYZ Security, polite, but firm." I like those shirts. If there were a shirt for my boss it might say, "Brilliant, yet accessible."

Anyway, enough gushing about my boss... for now. I'm going to discuss my plans for the weekend.

Since it's Friday night at 8:00 and I just got home from work, I suppose I'd better get into something quick. I need to be in bed early tonight, so I can get some things done at the office in the morning. After that I'm judging a band contest at Belmont. I think the category is "Holiday," or I mean Christian Rock. That should take a few hours, then I'm going to the Belcourt Theatre to see a friend of mine's play. She tells me the play is a Zombie/Western/Holiday/Musical or something like that and her role is a pregnant whore. I told her, "that outta be a stretch for you," and she got mad.

Tomorrow night, I'll be at a little party with some Belmont professors. We're going to drink a lot and email the mayor about his Christmas dilemma. We've counted 57 different email addresses between the 6 of us, so he'll get an earful.

Man, I really need a Mac 17'' laptop so I can do some work at home. I spent last Saturday night working on my friend's powerbook I think I learned more about editing that night then I have in in a long time. It was more relaxed and I had time to try new things and experiment. It was a music video, too, so everything was a possibility. Thing is, I should probably get on it in the next couple weeks because I hear Mac is going to a new PC processer in January and it is almost guaranteed to have problems with Final Cut Pro 5 for while.

Ok...my friend Linda, who plays keyboard for Lisa Marie Presley wants to go to an art show tonight, so I'm gonna go put on my turtleneck and brown suede jacket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home