Wednesday, November 30, 2005

So much to say


Well, as I may, or may not have mentioned, I am working on a new recording project. It's piano and drums. Tori Amos rocks, kind of thing.

We laid down 11 tracks over two weekends and now our engineering genious, Reid, will pull the mix together. It sounds great and we had the good fortune of top-line equipment in a killer studio on Music Row. I'm guessing we'll have a show sometime toward the end of December.

The picture on the right is from our photo and video shoot last weekend. A friend described it as Hullabaloo style, which I'm not too familiar with, but essentially I think it means simple and very stripped down. I guess it fits since we are a two person rock-n-roll show.

I will unveil much more as the days go by, but right now it's all sort of...I'm not sure... but too early to define.

My buddy Mike was in town over Thanksgiving weekend and he is sold! He's moving here in January to pursue his dream of being a songwriter. He has always written country songs and I really believe that if he can dial it in with the right writers, something will happen.

I should say that he's not banking on being a songwriter. He just likes the idea of being in the environment. He's a great photographer too (he actually took the shot above), but just wants to get out of his God-forsaken-Florida-lifestyle. He will like it here. It's an awesome place.

My new condo should be ready in a couple of weeks. I am pretty stoked about that, but not the payment. It may force me to change my lifestyle.

I was talking about that to one of my co-workers today. I said I'm gonna have to suck it up and watch my money. She's like, "Yeah, and get on a budget like the rest of us." I said, man, I'm not hip on budgets.

What will I cut out? Hmm... I'll probably have to start cooking at home a little and maybe bringing a lunch. That shit adds up... I drop 10 bucks at will for lunch. Need to cut that in half. Probably put down beer for a while too. That doesn't really bother me, though. I've been on the cusp of giving it up anyway. I have too many things to do and far too much to say. It kinda strangles my goals.

Other than that, I don't spend a lot of money. I'm pretty simple except for an occasional splurge on drum equipment or clothes.

Damn, this is a fucking boring blog. I think I'm getting boring... ok... that's gotta change... Hang with me my two or three readers.

Coming next.... I have a little mouse in my apartment and Michael Jackson's "Ben" is on my turntable.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incredible blogging. Are you sure you don't want to use my Greyhound diaries? I think it might be what you need to put you over the top.
Look out for the mysterious convenience store massager. Beware of, random acts of kindness.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home