Thursday, December 15, 2005

I guess you gotta post

My readership has fallen about 25% in the last week, and that on the heels of a huge surge. I've decided to dedicate this blog to the die-hards who stick with me and read my new blogs; even when there aren't any.

Today (like most days these days) went by like a blur. I didn't even notice if it was sunny. Was it?

And now I am here and don't know what to write about because I don't really remember what happened. So, I'll talk about the future, some past, and what I wish would happen to pro sports.

Oh, I'm going to see a show at 12th and Porter tonight. I made sort of a silent vow not to go back to that place because it doesn't seem like the old 12th and Porter even though it is basically identical. I guess that tells you a little something about company culture. It's been a few months, though, so I'll give them a clean slate.

Whoever said "attitude is everything," was dead on. Today was....wait...damn, I was going to write something about work, but just remembered people from work know I blog here, so I'd better not say anything.

I see some of the Vikings got some "mistermeanor" (as the guy on the BUZZ called it) charges for the sex boat scandal. I haven't read much about it (nor really care), but I would venture that about 75% of professional athletes participate in similar activity on a regular basis. In fact, I would probably be the first to over-indulge on some craziness if I was 25 and making about 3 million a year. Forget it... I think the guys who don't do that kind of shit deserve a medal (or a psychiatric exam).

25, 30, whatever and making multi-millions... getting away with murder on and off the field... women throwing themselves at you on an hourly basis. Guys trying to start fights or have you sign something so they can sell it...people wearing your name on their clothes (by the way, after the age of about 12, i think that is really gay). I can live with a hat... or a sweatshirt, but the whole jersey is kinda creepy to me for some reason. Like, "Hi, my name is Jim, but people call me T.O. because I wear an authentic replica jersey." My only stipulation is if they are wearing the pants, too... Then, and only then, it is cool.

That topic reminds me of an earlier blog I wrote on professional coaches and what they wear. In the NFL they wear "NFL sanctioned gear." Stuff like pullovers, and lame sweaters with their team boldly emblazened on the heart. I've seen some real misses. Like the coach who is talked into wearing the "wrap-around" logo that promises to be the hot new thing. For that game, he looks like an idiot. I envision them watching game film and him saying, "what was I thinking with that pullover?" and not even watching much of the game. At least I hope that's what happens.

Who was the guy that said he wanted to wear a suit on the sidelines, but got rejected by the league? It's a shame they didn't let him... I used to dig the Tom Landry suit and hat gig.

That brings me to baseball. I think it is so damn cool that the managers wear the exact same uniform as the players. Back to my early reference... either you wear the whole uni or don't put any of it on. Baseball's the only real sport anyway.

But... basketball could EASILY overtake baseball if the coaches wore the team uniform. THAT would put people in the seats. Damn, why does that not happen? Pat Riley in a Heat uniform? That's priceless.

Which brings me to news anchors. I'm thinking blazer with the station logo on the pocket. It's been done and now is the time to bring it back. In fact, I think everyone in the newsroom should sport the look. One for all and all for one.

Rock on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home