Friday, April 15, 2005

Taxing day

Today is April, 15th and Tax Day will be a taxing day in more ways than one.

It starts with an uncharacteristic run this morning. I knew I had to get up early and run just to relax a little. It's a beautiful day and the run had me nice and calm. I got back to my apartment and was opening the door with my key and just as I opened it, my girlfriend pulled back on the door and did the "scare you" sound. While not really scared, it definitely startled me and made me mad that she did it.

I have to let go of two of my employees today. One has been there five months; the other three years. It is not going to be easy and has made me sick to my stomach. Corporate is making a lot of cuts and this is, without question, the toughest thing I've had to do in my professional career.

Anyway, I'm going back to see my parents today. Flying out at 4:30. I won't be posting for a couple days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home