Saturday, March 12, 2005

A big baby

So, yesterday I find out that the sound is traditionally harsh underneath the balcony at the Ryman. Now I feel like an ass because I ranted and raved about how bad the sound was for Elvis Costello, but I guess it's simply a flaw in the venue.

Sorry "vis".

I really don't have much to say at the moment because it is the first nice day of the year in Nashville and I am sitting inside looking at it. Oh, now... don't get me wrong, I've been out there. Soaking in the sun through the moon roof in my sweet new ride.

There's a man on the loose in Nashville. They're calling him the "West Side Attacker" and he's broken into or robbed over 20 homes/people. His attacks are becoming more brazen by the day and it is almost as if he wants to get caught. Sometimes I wonder if this is the natural progression of a criminal's mind. Every new crime has to up the ante on the risk factor. This has to be the case because it is very likely this cat could probably just walk away from it now and not get caught. I think that's probably true with serial killers too. They just can't leave it alone because it becomes the reason they wake up in the morning. Pushing the limits of their twisted minds. Surely church won't touch them with the intensity of a slick new murder mystery that they have written themselves into. Then it probably gets to the point where they are sick of themselves and don't really care if they get caught or not. That is truly fascinating in the sense that I think humans are genuinely wired to be good natured and no matter how crossed our impulses become, there is always a universal "grounding effect" that wins in the end. "I give up. I was wrong, I just couldn't stop doing it and now it is a relief that you have caught me."

Things work out.

Well, I need to get outside for a while. Catch you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home