Friday, March 04, 2005

Blue Mother Tupelo

I give you one guess as to what this band was up to tonight. Go for it...

You're right. The blues... but not only blues, deep Mississippi blues. Greenville,
if I remember correctly.

The stage was set and the drummer was up front. Just how I like it. John is a mean looking sumbitch when he plays and he does it with the patience of a new father. I'm telling you, it's kind of scary when he lunges ever so slightly and comes down on the cymbals with both force and the grace of God. I would be scared out of my loafers if I didn't know him. He's a kind soul.

Dressed in earth-tone brown. The man and woman took me right back to the 60's, then lifted me to heaven with their harmonies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home