Saturday, May 14, 2005

I feel the wave

My last post was supposed to be a social observation, but it has turned into a touchy subject...And not for the reason I expected. Well, maybe...

People are overweight, that's a given, but I guess what's more relevant is the idea of "gawking" at women. They are tired of it boys. At least that's what I hear.

My band is coming in town three weeks from now and I was just playing along to the rough tracks they sent me. I am kind of thinking this may be the worst album in history if we don't get on top of things. I am yawning behind the drums and that surely cannot be a good sign.

I'm sitting here at 10:53 on a Saturday night debating whether or not I'm going to see Tift Merritt at The Mercy Lounge. 10:53 I say... seems like I should be thinking about doing other things, but there is something inside of me telling me not to die so early.

Sure, I could be going to sleep or watching a DVD, but it seems like the derivative of "live" is to live. Ah, I can hear you already, living is being in the moment. Yes, this I know, but living is also about interaction and I am convinced this is the healthiest practice.

Last time I was at The Mercy Lounge (this is one of the coolest places in Nashville by the way) I saw Lisa Marie Presley. Ok, so I contradicted myself in the same sentence, but as awkward as Lisa Marie is, she is still the daughter of the King and to me, that is enough. I have a review of her show in my head, but it's not on paper yet. Coming soon... the REVIEW OF THE LISA MARIE PRESLEY SHOW AT THE CANNERY.

Here's the promo for Tift Merritt: North Carolina singer Tift Merritt's debut CD Bramble Rose, firmly rooted in the realm of alternative country, received enormous critical acclaim. Her new CD, Tambourine, still has a hefty dose of the alt-country sound, but it also branches out to blues, rock, pop -- and even some Memphis soul. She's called it a "rock soul throwdown."

That sold me... I'm out for now. Please continue to post your opinion of "gawking at women."

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that has to be a tough road to hoe for the aspiring offspring of a star. It's certainly possible though. I point to Ron Howard, Tori Spelling, Ben Stiller, Robbie Knievel, Jane Fonda, Barry Bonds, etc. I hope LMP carves out a respectable niche for herself.

Thank you,
Dick E. Lixer

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home