Wednesday, May 11, 2005

You know, I'm not really sure anymore

Just had pizza at Mafiaoza's down on 12th Ave. South (12 South for you hipsters) and I realized the funny thing about how things are these days is you just never know what is good or bad anymore.

Take pizza for example...to me, Mafiaoza's pizza is garbage. BUT, maybe it's how they make it in some small Italian village, which, of course, makes it authentic. Chicago pizza on the other hand, rocks, but who knows where it all came from. Surely there is a straight line to the pizza epicenter, but I'm just not sure anymore.

What about wine? California wine is a big deal these days, but I remember a short time ago when it was sort of a "nice alternative to the real European wines."

It's just this human swell factor that is taking over. Marketing this, marketing that. Who knows anymore. What's the best bread? No one knows, or worse, everyone has an opinion.

The good news is... things are pointing back to individuality. People have something to say, and they are going to say it. No more of this massive brain wash... My favorite bread is my mom's and I'm proud of it!

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM , Blogger The Oscillator said...

I'm fairly psychic, but still not quite to the point where I can predict where people will be. I'm wondering if you were "on a roll" all those exams.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home