Saturday, February 12, 2005

The Day After the Day After

(written on an earlier gloomy day. today is actually quite nice)

It's a gloomy day in downtown and I'm sitting here wondering what I feel like doing. Ever feel like that? Seems like it happens to me all the time. I was up until 2:30 this morning working on a screenplay and hit a creative wall. I was trying to write a scene with sexual tension between two women, but it started to feel trite and corny. I was putting on differernt music to try to find a zone, but nothing seemed to work. I guess I'll try to move onto the next scene.

I have to say, I think Myspace is pretty cool. I'm starting to see the potential and how it all could fit into my desires for creative splurging. There is a book called The Cluetrain Manifesto that talks about how corporate structure as we know it is dying and/or dead, and that individual ideas are the future of business.

This site is a perfect example of how that is happening. How people are sharing thoughts and opinions in sort of a grass-roots education for the future. This is really an exciting time, but there are so many question marks. It seems like at least half of the people I talk to are unhappy with their jobs, but not sure about what they would rather do.

A woman I spoke with on Myspace last night said, that for her, it came down to "going for it" and "breaking through that pensive state of mind." That is so true...I mean, how many times have you heard someone say to just do it. I would hate to look back at my life and say, what in the hell was I so afraid of.

I mean, really...what is there to be afraid of? Everyone says, "I just don't have the time," but I think we all have the time, it's just a matter of how we use it. If you have a chance, check out my friend's music. I think he is simply one of the most brilliant lyricists and thinkers on the planet: www.stuartdavis.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home